2 – 3 years relevant experience.
Fluent in English (written and verbal)
Contract : 8 months
Vacation : 2 months
Salary : 900 USD
The Assistant Electrician is responsible for
supporting the maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems as directed
by the Chief Electrical Engineer to ensure safety operation, environmental
protection and passenger comfort.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
· Responsible for the maintenance and repair of any electrical systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
· Must have good knowledge of the electrical equipment in the hotel and galley areas.
· Responsible for reporting any concerns with the electrical systems to the Chief Electrical Engineer.
· Must have initiative, be proficient in electrical trouble shooting, solve electrical problems and work independently.
· Must know the location of all the major distribution panes, in order to be able to shut down power in the event of any failures, fire or maintenance work.
· The Assistant Electrician must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
· Awareness of Class Rules and industry standards are in the implications of any modifications to electrical systems.
· Must be familiar with the Safety Management System including his/her responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the emergency Plan and Station Bill. Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.