- Minimum one year experience performing MIG and TIG
welding is required.
- Minimum one year experience as a Deck Repairman, or similar role, in the maritime or marine industry is required.
- Basic to Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Training Course Certificates in Basic Safety from a recognized educational institution is required.
- Must hold an active Welding license from a recognized educational institution.
Contract: 8 months
Vacation : 2 months
The Deck Repairman is responsible for carrying out necessary and specific Deck and Hotel repair work as assigned
- Coordinates with the technical department in order
to assist with difficult repairs.
- Overhaul and maintain deck equipment.
- As part of the repair work, welding different types of metal, including TIG and MIG.
- Operate lathe machine.
- Carry out steel work, including stainless steel.
- Prepare, repair and install pipe fittings.
- Occasionally works on repair projects for the Bosun, as assigned by their immediate supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position