Contract : 8 months
Vacation : 2 months
Possibilities for promotion to Able Seaman position
The maintenance and conservation of the vessel’s decks and superstructures.
1. Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
2. The O/S Sailor/Ordinary Seaman shall be familiar with the Company’s Safety and Quality Management System (SQM) including his responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
3. The O/S Sailor/Ordinary Seaman reports to the Bosun and will get his daily orders from him. However, he shall be able to take action independently when so required.
4. The O/S Sailor/Ordinary Seaman shall participate in training and guiding the less experienced deck crewmembers in the daily operation of the ship to improve the quality of the Deck Department.
5. The O/S Sailor/Ordinary Seaman shall be observant and alert to give suggestions to the Bosun about improvement in the shipboard operation.
6. The O/S Sailor/Ordinary Seaman shall always use the correct safety and protection equipment provided in the daily operations and follows the safety instructions from the Bosun with this respect.
7. Support the deck officers in any other activities as required