Ofiter Mecanic 2 are un rol important în crearea unui mediu de lucru sigur în sala mașinilor prin asigurarea siguranței, eficienței, întreținerii si reparararii acestora. Ofiterul Mecanic 2 indeplineste functia de supraveghere (Watch Officer - EWO) in camera de control al motorului (ECR), conform codurilor S.T.C.W.
Responsabil pentru întreținerea diferitelor sisteme, inclusiv motoare principale diesel, motoare auxiliare dieselși instalații de cazane cu pompe aferente, conducte, supape, schimbătoare de căldură și dispozitive de ardere a nămolului, evaporatoarelor și a echipamentelor asociate pentru ozmoza inversa, dar fără a se limita la pompe, conducte, supape, filtre de emoliere și mineralizare, sisteme de dozare chimica pentru obtinerea unei ape proaspete.
The Engineer to whom this function is delegated shall assist the 1st
Engineer with the maintenance and repair of following
installations, and in this respect he is directly subordinate to him.
RCL places the highest value on the environment, and all employees shall do the same. Those
assigned to this position shall work with superiors and subordinates to understand and comply
with the company’s environmental policies and be committed to safeguard the environment.
He shall be thoroughly familiar with all company environmental policies. He shall work in full
cooperation with his superiors and subordinates to ensure compliance with policies and directives to safeguard the environment.
He shall immediately and directly inform the Chief Engineer whenever an environmental system
is improperly functioning and shall always strive to ensure that all environmental systems within
his department are operated and maintained to A.B.C. (Above and Beyond Compliance)
Area of responsibility for each 2nd Engineer will be delegated by the Chief Engineer.
Minimum of the following systems should be covered, where applicable.
· Watchkeeping Duties.
· Main Diesel engines with systems and equipment.
· Auxiliary Diesel engines with belonging systems and equipment
· Boiler plant, with related pumps, pipes, valves, heat exchangers, and sludge burning
· Evaporators and Reverse Osmosis plant with associated equipment, including, but not
limited to pumps, pipes, valves, softening filters and mineralizers.
· All chemical dosage plants for fresh and sea water.
· Analyses and dosage of boiler water, cooling water, and heeling tank systems.
· Soot Blowing / Infrasonic system.
· Diesel-oil, fuel oil, gas-oil, and lubrication-oil systems. Pre-heaters, separators, cleaning
equipment, and transfer pumps.
· Bilge, Ballast and Heeling systems with related pipes and valves.
· Emergency diesels with related systems.
· Steering gear and related systems.
· Stabilizer systems.
· Propeller shaft and stern tube with related systems and equipment.
· Starting air compressors and receivers
· Working air compressors and receivers.
· Instrument air compressors and receivers.
· Air Compressors for Bow Thrusters.
· Emergency air compressor and receiver.
· Watertight doors with hydraulic systems.
· Shell-gates with hydraulic systems (including tender embarkation platforms).
· Lifeboats, tender boats, and rescue boats’ engines
· Winches for lifeboats, tender boats, rescue boats and life rafts
· Bow Thrusters with belonging hydraulic installation.
· Pneumatic valves, with belonging systems.
· All “Elysator” systems
· Azipod and Fixipod lubricating oil systems including Steering Gear and associated
· AMRI Valves
· Clutches, reduction gear, propeller shafts and stern tubes, with belonging system and
· Hydraulic plant for pitch propellers.
· All steam valves, auto and manual.
· Filters for the LIPS system.
· Additional routines and work as assigned by supervisor.