Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with Guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from Guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Contract : 6 luni
Vacanta : 2 luni intre contracte
Salariul : salariu fix
Facilitati : cazare, masa, servicii medicale , oferite GRATUIT la bord
Cazarea : loc in cabina de 2 persoane
Programul de lucru : 7 zile / saptamana , 10 ore /zi ( se lucreaza in ture )
Taxe Agentie : NU se percep taxe de recrutare/ imbarcare
Cost imbarcare : variaza in functie de data/ portul de imbarcare ( analizele medicale, viza, bilet avion,etc )
Supervises and coordinates activities of a particular workstation engaged in preparing and cooking food products for various outlets per instructions from the direct supervisor onboard the vessel. The CDP 1 position is a senior middle-management level and previously has worked in four different sections of the galley in position of CDP 2 or CDP 3 and has received certification as Culinarian by the Culinary Trainer, Pastry or Bakery Supervisor/Corporate Chef. This position should be developed to becoming a Sous Chef in all areas of management; responsibility, knowledge, skills and craftsmanship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, corporate recipe standard, onboard public health control plan for food safety and HACCP guidelines, environmental and work place safety policies and procedures. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food service venues and galleys throughout the ship. The work stations or areas are usually categorized as follows:
· Main Galley including Butcher, Commissary, Pastry and Bakery
· Windjammer Galley
· Room Service
· Crew galley
Radiance, Voyager and Freedom class ships to include additional galleys, such as, but not limited to:
· Chops Grille
· Johnny Rockets™
· Café Promenade/ Café Latte Tude
Oasis class ships to include additional venues, such as, but not limited to:
· Giovanni’s Table
· 150 Central Park
· Seafood Shack
· Support galleys on Deck 7
· Park Café
· Wipeout Café
· Café Mondo
· Donut Shoppe
· Chef’s Table
· Concierge dining
· Vitality Cafe
· Cup Cake Shoppe
· Solarium Bistro
· Rita's Cantina
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts one’s self in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with Guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of Guest contact and crew areas.
2. Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor standards. This includes a clean uniform, name tag, Chef’s hat, apron, hair net for ladies, calibrated thermometer, red neckerchief with gold color neck slide, company approved specified safety shoes and wearing appropriate PPE according to assigned tasks.
3. On a daily basis, meets with the Sous Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day’s meals and time frames for restaurant service. Reads menu to estimate food and time requirements to ensure speed and efficiency. Follows daily flowchart with regard to menus and any other food products that may be required from the station of responsibility. Follows and studies company recipe cards and procedures. Uses the production sheets and meal count information to produce the correct amount of required food products. Conducts on job training with Commis, CDP 3 and CDP 2 in recipe knowledge and cooking procedures outlined in the recipe cards.
4. Supervises the assigned workstation function. Assigns duties and responsibilities to employees. Fully responsible for organizing work schedule and controlling over time of assigned section, ensure Time and Attendance policy is followed by each member of his/her team. Notifies Sous Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef regarding anomalous work schedules and time records. Informs the Sous Chef / Executive Sous Chef / Executive Chef of any crew member who does not follow Time & Attendance procedures and reports if any crew member is working more then 10 hours for the day.
5. Observes and evaluates employees and work procedures to ensure quality standards and level of service is met. Ensures that their station has proper staffing and communicates this to his supervisor. Ensures that food items are prepared and presented according to corporate recipe standards set by the Director, Culinary Operations. Ensures food is set up 15 minutes before the required time and adequate amounts are prepared. Is responsible for food products, from areas of their responsibility, which are used in different food outlets and shall follow up on the serving and maintaining of the food products. The CDP 1 has to visit other food outlets and/or decks to check the food products to ensure they are maintained and up to Company standards. Works closely with the Sous Chef and CDP’s in other outlets with regard to communication ensuring the level and quality is efficient and up to Company standard.
6. Trains and monitors entry level cooks and Chefs for proper service. Provides on-the-job training to strengthen their current performance and preparation for possible advancement to promotional positions. Ensures that all their junior co-workers are doing on-the-job training by ensuring that each crew member reads Level 1 & 2 culinary training manuals and attends practical training sessions in order to be prepared for certification in the culinary training program. Crew members already enrolled in the culinary training program shall be supported, coached, trained and developed per the training program’s guidelines. Organizes the daily workstation operation to ensure speed and efficiency andthat procedures in all aspects of the job are followed.
7. Conducts an inventory of the items in the workstation storage. Determines the day’s food requirements and prepares daily requisitions in Crunch Time for approval by the Sous
Chef. Reviews the quality and quantity of the delivery and accepts issued product. Shows responsibility for achieving the food cost budget for the assigned work station. Communicates on a daily basis with the Executive Chef with regards to the planned food cost budget for their area of responsibility. Conducts training with Commis, CDP 3 and CDP 2 in waste management to ensure useable food products are completely used and avoids over production.
8. Works with all galley personnel in a cooperative, productive and effective manner.
9. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, etc. Tests equipment to ensure accuracy of temperature gauges, heating or cooling elements, etc. Reports to the Sous Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef all malfunctions and requests for necessary repairs. Informs the Executive Chef on a weekly basis any outstanding AVO’s and/or updates the AVO logs to ensure all equipment is in good working order in their area of responsibility. Trains the Commis, CDP 3 and CDP 2 in the procedure for food items cooked in the Cook and Hold units.
10. Apply, at all times, HACCP and onboard sanitation and hygiene standards complying with ship's international itinerary. Acquire proficiency in regards to standard regulations about proper food storage, correct food preparation and safe food temperature. Learn about OPP and practice common procedures to prevent outbreak. Monitors workstation and staff for adherence to those procedures.
11. Conducts on-the-job training with Commis, CDP 3 and CDP 2 to ensure all crew members working in his/her area of responsibility know RCCL and onboard Public Health Control Plan as related to preparing, holding, storing, re-heating and serving food. Conducts training and follow up on record keeping for Blast Chiller and Cooling Logs of the Blast Chiller in their area of responsibility, or the Blast Chiller used on a daily basis.
12. Knows and operates all equipment according to standard operating procedures. Reports all out of order equipment directly to their supervisor. Conducts documented training of Commis, CDP 3 and CDP 2 in operating, cleaning and maintaining machinery and tools according to the Company's Workplace Safety program. Is responsible for prevention and rectification of any action that may results in injury to Guests or crew members under their direct supervision using safety observation practices. Reports any unsafe acts, near misses or accidents immediately to the Executive Chef.
13. Practice ergonomic exercise such as stretching before reporting to work. Required to report first stage of illness or health disorder to immediate supervisor. Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking to appeal to Guest demographics. Monitors, supervises and test foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and using a thermometer to ensure the correct internal temperature has been reached before serving. Attends daily food tasting per the Executive Chefs instructions.
15. Supervises and participates in cleaning the workstations during and after meal preparation. Enforces and follows onboard cleaning procedures for work surfaces, all related equipment and utensils. Supervises the assembly of the workstation for the next meal preparation shift. This includes cleaning and preparing food storage areas and refrigerators.
16. If assigned to work in any of the company’s private destinations, consider safety of one’s self, colleagues and Guests. Be familiar with the nearest first aid station, location of safety equipment and routes around the island’s work stations. Ensure to provide Guests with professional and friendly service at all times. Responsible to secure Company property and food products brought to the island. Must work in best sanitary conditions applying onboard standard of hygiene and cleanliness.
17. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work related activities as required. Reads Level 1 & 2, Level 3 & 4, Supervision and Nutrition Culinary Training Manuals to prepare themselves for certification in the ACF Certification program and to develop knowledge to pass on to junior co-workers.
18. Acquire a good amount of knowledge in regards to AWP and vacuum infeed station. Train subordinates on proper garbage separation and advise them no Cooks are allowed to put anything in the vacuum infeed units around the galley.
19. Works closely with the Sous Chef with regard to the evaluation progress for 90 days, mid-contract and end-of-contract evaluations for employees under their supervision. Completes hand-over notes for their assigned station prior to signing off. CDP 1 to prepare themselves to step up as temporary Sous Chef, when it is required, in the operation.
20. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by his/her supervisor or management.
Durata contractelor variaza intre 6-8 luni, in functie de postul obtinut, cu 2 luni pauza intre contracte. Angajarea are forma unei colaborari pe durata nedeterminata, cu vacante de 6-8 saptamani intre contracte.
Contract pe perioada nedeterminata. Contractele de munca sunt intre 6 si 8 luni, iar vacanta de 8 saptamani.In general,este vorba de doua tipuri de contracte, pentru personal cu salariu fix si pentru personal cu venit obtinut din bacsis. Compania ofera un salariu minim garantat pentru personalul care lucreaza in sistem de tips, insa venitul lunar variaza in functie de marimea statiei, itinerariu, performanta...
NU. Vasele flotelor sunt active 365 zile/an, cu exceptia perioadelor de revizii si reparatii, perioade in care membrii de echipaj sunt activi la bordul vaselor.
Vasele parcurg itinerarii pe marile si oceanele lumii, in zone cu interes turistic ridicat, destinatii exotice, sau destinatii cu insemnatate istorica si culturala.
Vasele flotelor sunt echipate cu tehnologie de navigatie de ultima generatie, avand siguranta maxima de operare.
Un loc de munca pe un vas de croaziera de lux ofera multe oportunitati, iar avantejele sunt considerabile:
Aplicantii trebuie sa intruneasca urmatoarele caracteristici:
Interviul final cu angajatorul
Conceperea unui Curriculum Vitae profesional este un element esential in procesul de aplicare. Pentru unii candidati, acesta este o simpla bucata de hartie, pentru altii insa, aceasta bucata de hartie este cel mai eficient instrument de promovare personala, element care poate face diferenta. Un Curriculum Vitae scris intr-o forma profesionista atrage instantaneu atentia agentului de recrutare. Intr-o competitie deschisa cu alti candidati, uneori pentru un numar restrans de joburi, tocmai acest document poate inclina balanta decizionala in favoarea Dvs. Alegerea formei si a continutului acestui document va apartine in totalitate. Recomandarea noastra este sa tineti cont de faptul ca un CV atragator trebuie sa contina informatii exacte, clare, detaliate si complete.
In limba Engleza
Este criteriu principal de recrutare, o comunicare fluenta este o garantie a intelegerii si interpretarii corecte a sarcinilor de post, a regulamentelor interne, a exprimarii intrebarilor dvs, si implicit, a adaptarii rapide in sistem.
Compania angajatoare face eforturi de a angaja cupluri pe acelasi vas de croaziera, insa nu se poate garanta imbarcarea in aceeasi zi pentru ambii parteneri. Nevoile de personal ale companiei primeaza. Se accepta candidati care pot dovedi fie ca sunt casatoriti , fie ca locuiesc la aceeasi adresa. Inregistrarea cuplurilor se face doar la bordul vasului cand ambii parteneri s-au imbarcat, cu toate acestea este foarte important sa ne mentionati inca de la prima discutie ca doriti sa aplicati in cuplu pentru a va putea programa imbarcarea pe acelasi vas.
In perioada de preselectie, aplicantii au obligatia sa declare:
70 de ore/saptamana ( 7 zile / saptamana , 10-12 ore/ zi )
Intr-o zi de lucru exista in mod normal minim 3 pauze.
Timpul de lucru este foarte atent monitorizat la bordul unei nave de croaziera, prin metode de pontaj electronic. Se poate efectua munca suplimentara doar la cererea expresa a managementului, in acest caz intervalul lucrat suplimentar fiind compensat cu timp liber echivalent sau fiind platit.
Cabinele ofera un confort decent pentru doua persoane, sunt echipate cu instalatie de aer conditionat, TV, acces internet( contra cost), baie.
La bordul unei nave de croaziera exista diverse modalitati de recreere si facilitati oferite in mod gratuit echipajului: bar, zona de recreere, internet café, biblioteca, sala de fitness, piscina echipajului (pe unele nave).
Pentru anumiti membri ai echipajului (ofiteri de rang superior, pozitii manageriale si membri ai staff-ului), pot exista si privilegii suplimenatare (acces in anumite zone destinate pasagerilor), intre anumite ore.
Pot exista zile libere prin rotatie, chiar si de 24 de ore, insa acestea raman la latitudinea managementului, NEEFIND GARANTATE PRIN CONTRACT. In mod normal, o zi libera tipica la bordul unei nave este echivalentul a unei zile de port libere, existand totusi cateva ore de munca.
Costurile de imbarcare pot fi diferite, functie de pozitia de aplicare, sau portul de imbarcare. Se recomanda detinerea unui buget care sa acopere urmatoarele cheltuieli:
estimativ : 70- 200 euro pentru imbarcari in porturi europene
estimativ: 500-700 euro pentru imbarcari in porturi non-europene.
Agentia de recrutare Job Cruise NU percepe taxe sau comisioane pentru serviciile de mediere. Serviciile de recrutare, intervievare si asistenta in vederea inceperii raporturilor de munca sunt GRATUITE
Nu intodeauna. In procesul de imbarcare, reprezentantii JOB CRUISE va ofera informatii detaliate despre acces la mijloace de transport, locatia de cazare, persoane si date de contact.