Contract : 8 months
Vacation : 2 months
Possibilities for promotion to Bosun (Boatswain) position.
The maintenance and conservation of the vessel’s decks
and superstructures. The Sailor A/B is directly subordinate to the Watchkeeping
Officer. His prime duty is to aid the Watchkeeping Officer in keeping a safe
lookout and to report all sightings and dangers to the Watchkeeping Officer. He
should be able to take the wheel always when required and follow helm orders
from the Master, Watchkeeping Officer or the Pilot.
1. Celebrity Cruises places the highest value on the environment and all Crewmembers shall do the same. This position shall work with supervisors and subordinates to understand and comply with the company's environmental policies and be committed to safeguarding the environment. He/shall direct and immediately inform his/her immediate supervisor if any environmental system does not function properly onboard.
2. Sailor A/B shall never leave the Bridge without permission to do so, by the Watchkeeping Officer.
3. Sailor A/B must have complete knowledge of gangway security.
4. He shall be observant and alert to prevent accidents to personnel and property and qualified to take actions independently if so required.
5. Sailor A/B shall participate in training and guiding the less experienced sailors on board to improve the quality in the Deck Department.
6. Sailor A/B shall always use the correct safety and protection equipment provided in the daily operations and follows the safety instructions from the Bosun in this respect.
7. Support Bosun in all required maintenance of deck equipment while on duty but not during watch.
8. Support the deck officers in any other activities as required