Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively with guests, department heads and CFMs to foresee and
resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software
packages such as Excel, Word, and Adobe Page Maker or related programs.
Completion of high school or GED required; university degree preferred.
Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes
the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present
information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
This position is responsible to assist Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A for the accurate
recording and process of shipboard payroll for Non-Greek CFMs, as well as for the Import/Export
process of overtime hours. This position will assist the Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A to
monitor the compliance of the Time and Attendance card process, and for auditing departments at
random in the off-week payroll cycle. Assist the CFM Purser, Signature Account Purser and
Documentation Purser with daily duties as time will permit and to be determined by the Financial Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of sustaining “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars
of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through
Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all
times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees
and/or in the presence of guest contact and Celebrity Family Member (CFM) areas.
2. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A for the process of Semi-
Monthly payroll for ALL shipboard departments with exception of Greek employees
covered under the “Greek Collective Bargaining Agreement”.
3. Process of bar personnel gratuities, special functions and supplemental pay.
- Generated Gratuities from Bar Sales 15% applied.
- Extra tips and service charges as compensations
- Complimentary Private Party attendance
- Loading Attendance
- Top Seller Bonus
- Incentive for Special Sales
- Wine Special Bonus Incentive
- Water Sales breakdown for Incentive Program
- Gratuities distribution for paid special functions
4. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A for the distribution of payroll envelopes to all
5. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A on the issuance of money orders to
crewmembers, and the collection of money order fees.
6. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A with the crew wire transfer program, where
crewmember wired monies to their personal bank accounts.
7. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A with the crew direct deposit process, sign-up
and process of “Cash tip” deposits through point of credit terminals.
8. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A on any issues related to crew direct deposit
questions from crewmembers, “Crew pay card” distribution and re-stocking of crew ATM receipts.
9. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A in the collection of bar bills for all owner’s
crew, in each payroll cycle.
10. Responsible for assisting the payroll purser and T&A in the payroll audits which must be scheduled
after every payroll cycle is closed.
11. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A to execute the interface of Sign-
On/Off information from Property Management System to Payroll system on as needed basis.
12. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A to upload “Employee Master
Data” and “Sign-On/Off” information to payroll system, from Property Management system. Ensure
that employee records in Property Management and payroll system reconcile in total crew count.
13. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A for import of “Employee Master
Data” from payroll system to Time and Attendance system. Export overtime hours from Time and
Attendance to payroll system, at the end of the overtime cycle, as well as, processing overtime hours
for Sign-Off employees, leaving before the overtime cycle ends.
14. Assist the Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A to calculate the payroll for employees signing
off the vessel before the end of the payroll cycle.
15. Assist the Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A to maintain records of ALL Non-Greek
employee contracts, showing the “Basic Wages” and overtime rates. Assist the Administration
Purser – Payroll and T&A to ensure that payroll system accurately reflects employee’s wages and
overtime rate information.
16. Responsible for assisting Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A for printing the payroll reports
such as (Entries List, Pay Slips, Selected Entries list, Cash payment list, Individual Employee Paydata
Report and Sign-Off Employees – Onboard Settlement)
17. Assist the Administration Purser – Payroll and T&A for the “Cash Disbursement” in the payroll
18. Responsible for duties related to Sign On-Off:
19. Printing ticket deduction statements on the web from Apollo HR and
updating their individual manual accounting in the file for the Food and
Bar department CFM.
20. Responsible for airline ticketing through Europe USA Travels
21. Ensure the LOE - Letters of Employment, flight ticket, Medical report,
Hotel information are given to the sign off CFM while disembarking
22. Printing of Contracts for new sign-on CFM’s
23. LOE – Letters of Employment printing for the sign off CFM
24. Responsible to attend to CFM request – Extension/Shortening Contract / Vacation, Cabin Change,
Account statement queries, Emergency leave, Resignation, Training fee refund, Expenses incurred
25. Handling and maintaining office equipment. Perform clerical work (Filing, Photocopies).
26. This position must have an understanding of the Safety & Quality management Program, which
includes his responsibilities in the Safety Organization according to the Emergency plan and Station
27. The CFM in this position must be available, capable and ready to act upon, if an emergency occurs,
which requires the expertise and participation.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: currently owns a fleet of 23 cruise ships and in the next period will launch other 2 vessels with capacity of 4000 passengers. Royal Caribbean cruise offers options that appeal to the widest possible market, customers ranging from standard to premium segment.
Celebrity Cruises: the company is oriented only towards premium customers segment, with a fleet of 10 cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises vessels are ranked in the top luxury cruise vessels in the world.
Azamara Club Cruises: the company is dedicated to serving the luxury and premium segment customers. Azamara has two cruise ships in the fleet.
Pullmantur Cruises: provides services exclusively to markets in Latin America and Spain, and aims standard customer segment. Pullmantur Cruises has a fleet of four cruise ships.
The length of contracts varies between 6-8 months, depending on the position obtained, with two months break between contracts. Hiring is for an indefinite term collaborations with 6-8 weeks vacation between contracts.
A job on a luxury cruise ship offers many opportunities, and the advantages are considerable:
Applicants must meet the following characteristics:
What are the steps to obtain a job on a cruise ship:
Pre-selection with the Agency:
Final interview with the Employer
Boarding the ship
What documents are required for register an application?
Creating a professional Curriculum Vitae is an essential element in the application process. For some candidates, it is a simple piece of paper, but for others, this piece of paper is the most effective tool to promote personal skills that can make a difference. Curriculum Vitae written in a professional form instantly attract the attention of Recruiter. In an open competition with other candidates, sometimes for a small number of jobs, this document may just tip the scales in your favor. The choice of form and content of this document is entirely yours. Our recommendation is to keep in mind that an attractive CV should contain accurate, clear, detailed and complete information .
It’s the main criterion for recruitment, a fluent communication is a guarantee of proper understanding and interpretation of job tasks, internal regulations and express your questions, it also helps the crew to rapidly adapt onboard.
The company strives to hire couples on the same ship, but cannot guarantee boarding on the same day for both partners. Company personnel needs prevail. Only candidates who can prove whether they are married, whether they live at the same address are accepted. Registration and couple IDs are available only on board when both partners have embarked, however it is very important to mention this aspect since the first discussion you have with our Recruiter.
During the interview, applicants are required to declare:
70 hours /week ( 7 days/ week, 10-12 hours/ day )
Normally, you will be working with at least 3 breaks on schedule.
Time is very carefully monitored aboard a cruise ship, by means of electronic timekeeping. You can perform additional work only at the express request of the management, in this case the overtime period will be offset by equivalent free time or paid overtime .
The cabins offer a decent comfort for two crew members, equipped with air conditioning, TV, internet access (with fee), bathroom.
Aboard a cruise ship, there are various ways of recreation and facilities offered for free to the crew members : the crew bar, recreation areas, internet café, library, gym, pool (on some ships).
For some staff members (officers , senior management positions and staff members), there may be extra privileges (access to certain passengers areas ) between certain hours.
There may be days off depending on rotation, even 24 hours, but they remain at the discretion of management team, NOT guaranteed by the contract. Normally, a day off aboard a ship typical equates to a free port day, but there are still a few hours of work.
Embarkation costs may vary, depending on the job or the port of embarkation.
Job Cruise does NOT ask for any tax or fee for its mediation services. Recruitment services, interviewing and assistance in embarkation process are FREE of charge.
Not always. In the boarding process, the representatives of JOB CRUISE offers detailed
information about access to transportation, accommodation location, people and contacts.