A qualified professional lighting technician with the ability to work within a team structure as well as independently. Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in technical theatre is preferred but not required. Equivalency of experience, training and education in audio electronics will be considered in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in which strong knowledge of lighting equipment, dmx control systems and advanced wiring skills have been applied is required
• Prefer previous ship experience
• Basic machines / hand tools. Various control consoles including MARTIN M1, lighting fixtures (including LED and automated), fog machines, laser emitters, spotlights, and strobes. Computer skills – PC/MAC.
• Strong command of English
• Must have the ability to negotiate catwalks and access all points in all theatre spaces.
Contract : 7 months
Salary : 2.000 USD
Responsible for setting up, running, and maintaining lighting equipment for all entertainment venues ship wide.
• Rigs, circuits and focusses lighting equipment for assigned shows.
• Programs lighting computer/console during technical rehearsals as assigned.
• Performs fixture /circuit check before each show to ensure show set-up is complete and exact.
• Operates manual and computer controlled lighting systems during shows.
• Ensures that design integrity and performance quality are maintained through the run of the shows.
• Operates follow-spot when necessary.
• Inspects and maintains all overhead rigging in the entertainment venues.
• Maintains a show report log for each performance.
• Maintains and performs minor to moderate repairs to the lighting equipment inventory.
• Communicates in a clear, concise and timely manner with Stage Manager and other departments.
• Is on time for all set-ups, show call, meetings and work calls.
• Maintains cleanliness and order in all lighting areas
• Participates in special events by assisting with sound needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Cruise Director, Assistant Cruise Director, Stage Manager, and Audio Designer.
• Performs in a manner consistent with VOC’s Mission, Values and Vision, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Maintain, uphold and execute the Viking quality and Service Standards
• Monitor guest satisfaction and report issues, concerns and suggestions
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: currently owns a fleet of 23 cruise ships and in the next period will launch other 2 vessels with capacity of 4000 passengers. Royal Caribbean cruise offers options that appeal to the widest possible market, customers ranging from standard to premium segment.
Celebrity Cruises: the company is oriented only towards premium customers segment, with a fleet of 10 cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises vessels are ranked in the top luxury cruise vessels in the world.
Azamara Club Cruises: the company is dedicated to serving the luxury and premium segment customers. Azamara has two cruise ships in the fleet.
Pullmantur Cruises: provides services exclusively to markets in Latin America and Spain, and aims standard customer segment. Pullmantur Cruises has a fleet of four cruise ships.
The length of contracts varies between 6-8 months, depending on the position obtained, with two months break between contracts. Hiring is for an indefinite term collaborations with 6-8 weeks vacation between contracts.
A job on a luxury cruise ship offers many opportunities, and the advantages are considerable:
Applicants must meet the following characteristics:
What are the steps to obtain a job on a cruise ship:
Pre-selection with the Agency:
Final interview with the Employer
Boarding the ship
What documents are required for register an application?
Creating a professional Curriculum Vitae is an essential element in the application process. For some candidates, it is a simple piece of paper, but for others, this piece of paper is the most effective tool to promote personal skills that can make a difference. Curriculum Vitae written in a professional form instantly attract the attention of Recruiter. In an open competition with other candidates, sometimes for a small number of jobs, this document may just tip the scales in your favor. The choice of form and content of this document is entirely yours. Our recommendation is to keep in mind that an attractive CV should contain accurate, clear, detailed and complete information .
It’s the main criterion for recruitment, a fluent communication is a guarantee of proper understanding and interpretation of job tasks, internal regulations and express your questions, it also helps the crew to rapidly adapt onboard.
The company strives to hire couples on the same ship, but cannot guarantee boarding on the same day for both partners. Company personnel needs prevail. Only candidates who can prove whether they are married, whether they live at the same address are accepted. Registration and couple IDs are available only on board when both partners have embarked, however it is very important to mention this aspect since the first discussion you have with our Recruiter.
During the interview, applicants are required to declare:
70 hours /week ( 7 days/ week, 10-12 hours/ day )
Normally, you will be working with at least 3 breaks on schedule.
Time is very carefully monitored aboard a cruise ship, by means of electronic timekeeping. You can perform additional work only at the express request of the management, in this case the overtime period will be offset by equivalent free time or paid overtime .
The cabins offer a decent comfort for two crew members, equipped with air conditioning, TV, internet access (with fee), bathroom.
Aboard a cruise ship, there are various ways of recreation and facilities offered for free to the crew members : the crew bar, recreation areas, internet café, library, gym, pool (on some ships).
For some staff members (officers , senior management positions and staff members), there may be extra privileges (access to certain passengers areas ) between certain hours.
There may be days off depending on rotation, even 24 hours, but they remain at the discretion of management team, NOT guaranteed by the contract. Normally, a day off aboard a ship typical equates to a free port day, but there are still a few hours of work.
Embarkation costs may vary, depending on the job or the port of embarkation.
Job Cruise does NOT ask for any tax or fee for its mediation services. Recruitment services, interviewing and assistance in embarkation process are FREE of charge.
Not always. In the boarding process, the representatives of JOB CRUISE offers detailed
information about access to transportation, accommodation location, people and contacts.