Minimum of one year experience in an upscale hotel, resort or cruise ship
Superior customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills.
Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
Basic computer software skills required.
Possess an understanding of basic accounting principles such as “Debits/Credits”, adjusting entries
Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
Contract - 29 weeks / vacation 8 weeks
Facilities on board : free of charge offered by the Company ( accommodation, meals, medical services)
Accommodation : shared cabin of two
Work schedule: 7 days / week , 10 hours /day ( shifts )
Job Cruise FEE : NO FEE for recruitment/ embarkation process
Embarkation costs: depending on ship/ itinerary ( medical files, required visas, flight ticket )
The Apprentice Purser assists senior Pursers and the Crew Payroll Manager with money order sales, the collection of crew SeaPass accounts, payroll distribution, and other crew-related financial matters. He/she also assists in guest-related financial matters such as gratuity posting and/or balancing; reconciling prepaid amenities; and obtaining method of payment for guest SeaPass accounts. Candidates are required to have completed basic education equivalency and experience in a payroll or accounting processing role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style,
each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at
all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard
employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and Family Member (FM) areas.
2. Responsible for assisting the Royal Caribbean Family Purser with the Sign-ON/OFF process in the property
3. Reconciles the active FM list “Sign-ONS” to ensure the number of FMs in the property
management system matches the number of passports collected.
4. Assists the Royal Caribbean Family Purser with issuing and replacing FM ID cards through the automated
“Sea-Pass” security system.
5. Maintains and replenishes the office inventory of the “Sea-Pass” equipment supplies, such as printer
ribbons, FM ID cards and card rollers.
6. Assists the RCL Family Purser with the sale of money orders.
7. Assists the RCL Family Purser in replenishing and collecting cash from the “Crew Calling
8. Prepares the outgoing mail.
9. Assists the RCL Family Purser with mail, and e-mail.
10. Assists the RCL Family Purser with collecting FM accounts and distribution of FM
11. Assists the FMs with questions regarding transportation and visa requirements among other things.
12. Handles and maintains office equipment. Performs clerical work such as filing and photocopying.
Assists with general office work and duties.
13. Assists the Administration Purser - Documentation with the entry of guest passport and other related
information in the property management system.
14. Assists the Administration Purser - Documentation and pier staff with the “Embarkation and
15. Assists the Financial Controller with exchanging foreign currency, travelers checks, and collection
of payment on guest accounts.
16. Performs Bank duties on a regular basis. Responsible for the “Bank” cash float and balancing of the
float on a daily basis.
17. Assists the Pursers Department as determined by the Financial Controller.
18. Understands the Safety & Quality Management Program, and his/her responsibilities in the Safety
Organization according to the Emergency plan and Station Bill. Must be available, capable and
ready to act in the event of an emergency.
19. Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation,
in order to assist guests and FMs with inquiries.
20. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
21. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard
employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
This position is responsible for direct and indirect cost containment through the proper use, handling
and maintenance of records, reports, documents and equipment.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: currently owns a fleet of 23 cruise ships and in the next period will launch other 2 vessels with capacity of 4000 passengers. Royal Caribbean cruise offers options that appeal to the widest possible market, customers ranging from standard to premium segment.
Celebrity Cruises: the company is oriented only towards premium customers segment, with a fleet of 10 cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises vessels are ranked in the top luxury cruise vessels in the world.
Azamara Club Cruises: the company is dedicated to serving the luxury and premium segment customers. Azamara has two cruise ships in the fleet.
Pullmantur Cruises: provides services exclusively to markets in Latin America and Spain, and aims standard customer segment. Pullmantur Cruises has a fleet of four cruise ships.
The length of contracts varies between 6-8 months, depending on the position obtained, with two months break between contracts. Hiring is for an indefinite term collaborations with 6-8 weeks vacation between contracts.
A job on a luxury cruise ship offers many opportunities, and the advantages are considerable:
Applicants must meet the following characteristics:
What are the steps to obtain a job on a cruise ship:
Pre-selection with the Agency:
Final interview with the Employer
Boarding the ship
What documents are required for register an application?
Creating a professional Curriculum Vitae is an essential element in the application process. For some candidates, it is a simple piece of paper, but for others, this piece of paper is the most effective tool to promote personal skills that can make a difference. Curriculum Vitae written in a professional form instantly attract the attention of Recruiter. In an open competition with other candidates, sometimes for a small number of jobs, this document may just tip the scales in your favor. The choice of form and content of this document is entirely yours. Our recommendation is to keep in mind that an attractive CV should contain accurate, clear, detailed and complete information .
It’s the main criterion for recruitment, a fluent communication is a guarantee of proper understanding and interpretation of job tasks, internal regulations and express your questions, it also helps the crew to rapidly adapt onboard.
The company strives to hire couples on the same ship, but cannot guarantee boarding on the same day for both partners. Company personnel needs prevail. Only candidates who can prove whether they are married, whether they live at the same address are accepted. Registration and couple IDs are available only on board when both partners have embarked, however it is very important to mention this aspect since the first discussion you have with our Recruiter.
During the interview, applicants are required to declare:
70 hours /week ( 7 days/ week, 10-12 hours/ day )
Normally, you will be working with at least 3 breaks on schedule.
Time is very carefully monitored aboard a cruise ship, by means of electronic timekeeping. You can perform additional work only at the express request of the management, in this case the overtime period will be offset by equivalent free time or paid overtime .
The cabins offer a decent comfort for two crew members, equipped with air conditioning, TV, internet access (with fee), bathroom.
Aboard a cruise ship, there are various ways of recreation and facilities offered for free to the crew members : the crew bar, recreation areas, internet café, library, gym, pool (on some ships).
For some staff members (officers , senior management positions and staff members), there may be extra privileges (access to certain passengers areas ) between certain hours.
There may be days off depending on rotation, even 24 hours, but they remain at the discretion of management team, NOT guaranteed by the contract. Normally, a day off aboard a ship typical equates to a free port day, but there are still a few hours of work.
Embarkation costs may vary, depending on the job or the port of embarkation.
Job Cruise does NOT ask for any tax or fee for its mediation services. Recruitment services, interviewing and assistance in embarkation process are FREE of charge.
Not always. In the boarding process, the representatives of JOB CRUISE offers detailed
information about access to transportation, accommodation location, people and contacts.