Age : at least 21 years old
Language skills: English – advanced level – MANDATORY
Professional disc jockey experience with the ability to operate a variety of music playing equipment and lighting equipment. Experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise line or entertainment/recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
Ability to beat mix and maintain a seamless set consisting of a wide variety of music.
Experience with microphone technique in front of large groups preferred.
Extensive knowledge of a variety of dance music such as, but not limited to, past and present pop music, dance, Latin, 70s disco, reggae, R&B, hip hop, country and classic rock.
Contract : 6 months
Vacation : 2 months between contracts
Facilities on board: free of charge offered by the Company ( accommodation, meals, medical services )
Accommodation: shared cabin of two
Work schedule: 8 - 10 hours daily, free days by rotation in department
Job Cruise FEE : NO FEE for recruitment/ embarkation process
Embarkation costs: depending on ship/ itinerary ( medical files, required visas, flight ticket )
As, Disc Jockey, you will be responsible for operating music, video and lighting equipment to produce a mixture of dance music such as, but not limited to, Top 40, disco, new wave, dance-oriented rock, Latin, R&B, reggae and classic rock. You will be working with a world-class staff.
DJ maintains up-to-date musical inventory with the support of shore-side management.
Assures that equipment is maintained in safe and clean working environment. DJ shall alert the Activity Manager of any necessary repairs so that an AVO may be placed for repair.
Records two evenings’ sessions per voyage on the hard drive and submit this shore-side via disc.
Continually interacts with guests; coordinates, hosts, and participates in other adult recreational activities related to his or her position.
Socializes with guests at all times when in the public areas. Visits lounges at various times and converses with as many guests as possible as time allows.
Assists in the coordination and operation of audio and/or visual equipment for events as needed in support of the Sound & Light Staff as determined by the Cruise Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members.
In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH
guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.Maintains up-to-date musical inventory for a variety of categories 1. such as, but not limited to, classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin, classic disco, reggae, and classic rock. Prepares and submits monthly CD order form to replenish stock or update current inventory. Maintains and supervises music playing equipment.
1. Serves as master of ceremonies in various lounges or nightclubs
2. throughout the vessel. Operates music and video equipment to produce a mixture of dance music and video clips for a variety of categories such as, but not limited to, classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin classic disco, reggae, and classic rock.
3. Motivates the audience and maintains an awareness of the demographics and their reaction to the selections being played. Makes adjustments to capture their attention.
4. Prepares and submits on a timely basis, all required reports. Prepares all reports utilizing the computer equipment.
5. Participates in shows and events presented by the Cruise Director’s Division by taking part in skits, and/ or simple dance routines. Instructs, organizes or facilitates various activities and/or tournaments. May serve as master of ceremonies for activities. This includes the Welcome Aboard Show, Farewell Show, Cruise Staff Cocktail Shows, and out island activities. Voyager class ship events include Royal Promenade, and Studio B.
6. Paticipates as master of ceremonies or host for special group functions such as,but not limited to, charters, affinity, promotional, incentive, presentations, and
various theme night arrangements.
7. Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends
mandatory rehearsals as required. Assists in the coordination of audio or visual equipment for events as needed.
8. Assembles and disassembles pre and post activity props and equipment. Returns items to storage area.
9. On Voyager class ships, programs and plays music as needed for Royal Promenade events.
10. Paticipates in embarkation and debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
11. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
12. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee
occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum hiring, language and physical requirements to perform the job.
Minimum of 2 years professional Disc Jockey experience with o the ability to motivate an audience based on their demographics.
1. Master of ceremonies or professional entertainment experience with resorts, cruise lines, entertainment or recreational industries preferred.
2. Extensive knowledge of variety of music categories such as, but not limited to classic top 40, dance oriented rock, Latin, classic disco, reggae, and classic rock.
3. Knowledge of current music trends.
4. Ability to operate a variety of music audio and lighting equipment.
5. Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
6. Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
7. Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required
1. Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
2. Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and
verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
3. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French or German preferred and taken preferably to European itineraries. Language aptitude testing may be requested. Fluency must be at a level to host activities and socialize with audiences of guests.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: currently owns a fleet of 23 cruise ships and in the next period will launch other 2 vessels with capacity of 4000 passengers. Royal Caribbean cruise offers options that appeal to the widest possible market, customers ranging from standard to premium segment.
Celebrity Cruises: the company is oriented only towards premium customers segment, with a fleet of 10 cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises vessels are ranked in the top luxury cruise vessels in the world.
Azamara Club Cruises: the company is dedicated to serving the luxury and premium segment customers. Azamara has two cruise ships in the fleet.
Pullmantur Cruises: provides services exclusively to markets in Latin America and Spain, and aims standard customer segment. Pullmantur Cruises has a fleet of four cruise ships.
The length of contracts varies between 6-8 months, depending on the position obtained, with two months break between contracts. Hiring is for an indefinite term collaborations with 6-8 weeks vacation between contracts.
A job on a luxury cruise ship offers many opportunities, and the advantages are considerable:
Applicants must meet the following characteristics:
What are the steps to obtain a job on a cruise ship:
Pre-selection with the Agency:
Final interview with the Employer
Boarding the ship
What documents are required for register an application?
Creating a professional Curriculum Vitae is an essential element in the application process. For some candidates, it is a simple piece of paper, but for others, this piece of paper is the most effective tool to promote personal skills that can make a difference. Curriculum Vitae written in a professional form instantly attract the attention of Recruiter. In an open competition with other candidates, sometimes for a small number of jobs, this document may just tip the scales in your favor. The choice of form and content of this document is entirely yours. Our recommendation is to keep in mind that an attractive CV should contain accurate, clear, detailed and complete information .
It’s the main criterion for recruitment, a fluent communication is a guarantee of proper understanding and interpretation of job tasks, internal regulations and express your questions, it also helps the crew to rapidly adapt onboard.
The company strives to hire couples on the same ship, but cannot guarantee boarding on the same day for both partners. Company personnel needs prevail. Only candidates who can prove whether they are married, whether they live at the same address are accepted. Registration and couple IDs are available only on board when both partners have embarked, however it is very important to mention this aspect since the first discussion you have with our Recruiter.
During the interview, applicants are required to declare:
70 hours /week ( 7 days/ week, 10-12 hours/ day )
Normally, you will be working with at least 3 breaks on schedule.
Time is very carefully monitored aboard a cruise ship, by means of electronic timekeeping. You can perform additional work only at the express request of the management, in this case the overtime period will be offset by equivalent free time or paid overtime .
The cabins offer a decent comfort for two crew members, equipped with air conditioning, TV, internet access (with fee), bathroom.
Aboard a cruise ship, there are various ways of recreation and facilities offered for free to the crew members : the crew bar, recreation areas, internet café, library, gym, pool (on some ships).
For some staff members (officers , senior management positions and staff members), there may be extra privileges (access to certain passengers areas ) between certain hours.
There may be days off depending on rotation, even 24 hours, but they remain at the discretion of management team, NOT guaranteed by the contract. Normally, a day off aboard a ship typical equates to a free port day, but there are still a few hours of work.
Embarkation costs may vary, depending on the job or the port of embarkation.
Job Cruise does NOT ask for any tax or fee for its mediation services. Recruitment services, interviewing and assistance in embarkation process are FREE of charge.
Not always. In the boarding process, the representatives of JOB CRUISE offers detailed
information about access to transportation, accommodation location, people and contacts.