Age : at least 21 years old
Language skills: English – advanced level – MANDATORY
1 year physical fitness and/or recreational sports instruction required
Degree or diploma in the field of sports, fitness, nutrition or similar preferred
Master of Ceremonies experience preferred
Rock Wall Climbing Certification with belay experience necessary
Contract : 6 months
Vacation : 2 months between contracts
Facilities on board: free of charge offered by the Company ( accommodation, meals, medical services )
Accommodation: shared cabin of two
Work schedule: 8 - 10 hours daily, free days by rotation in department
Job Cruise FEE : NO FEE for recruitment/ embarkation process
Embarkation costs: depending on ship/ itinerary ( medical files, required visas, flight ticket )
Promotes and serves as Master of Ceremonies in Sports Deck activities, and Vitality programs.
Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider and any other related activities.
Leads Vitality classes and events. Organizes and conducts tournaments. May serve or participate as master of ceremonies.
Leads and participates in a variety of Sports Deck and Cruise Director activities and duties such as climbing wall, Flowrider (FR Class), in-line skating, golf simulator, volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, theme nights, spot lights, gangway etc. by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence , each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Promotes and serves as Master of Ceremonies in Sports Deck activities, and Vitality programs. Issues equipment to guests for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider (FR class), volleyball, basketball, golf course, ping pong, shuffle board, etc.
3. Explains and demonstrates use of apparatus and equipment for: climbing wall, in-line skating, golf simulator, Flowrider and any other related activities.
4. Leads Vitality classes and events. Organizes and conducts tournaments. May serve or participate as master of ceremonies. Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in activity. Observes guests during activities to detect and correct mistakes.
5. Evaluates guests’ physical condition to participate in various sport and fitness activities.
6. Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations. Responds and reports any type of emergency.
7. Assembles and disassembles equipment and props required for activities. Returns items to storage area.
8. Performs regular inventory of all equipment and supplies. Determines if equipment requires replacement or repair.
9. Maintains the Sports Deck in a clean and orderly fashion. Posts current daily information, hours of operation, activities, etc. for the benefit of the guests. Adhering to USPH ship requirements.
10. Responds to guest complaints in a considerate, professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively. Takes ownership of guest concerns, by following-up and ensuring complaints are resolved to the guest’s satisfaction.
11. Prepares all required reports utilizing the computer equipment.
12. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
13. Socializes with guests in public areas at all times in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Gold Anchor Standards. Visits guest lounges at specified times to converse with as many guests as possible in the time allotted.
14. Operates spotlight equipment for production shows according to instructions as needed, when stage staff are required to perform duties backstage. Attends mandatory rehearsals as required.
15. Performs stilt walking for parades on Voyager and Ultra Voyager class ships as necessary.
16. Assist Explorations at the front desk, back office ticket processing, and dispatching tours when necessary dependant on ticket sales.
17. Participates in greeting and directing guests on and off the gangways when the ship has arrived in the ports of call.
18. Participates in debarkation procedures by disseminating information, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms and or exits.
19. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: currently owns a fleet of 23 cruise ships and in the next period will launch other 2 vessels with capacity of 4000 passengers. Royal Caribbean cruise offers options that appeal to the widest possible market, customers ranging from standard to premium segment.
Celebrity Cruises: the company is oriented only towards premium customers segment, with a fleet of 10 cruise ships. Celebrity Cruises vessels are ranked in the top luxury cruise vessels in the world.
Azamara Club Cruises: the company is dedicated to serving the luxury and premium segment customers. Azamara has two cruise ships in the fleet.
Pullmantur Cruises: provides services exclusively to markets in Latin America and Spain, and aims standard customer segment. Pullmantur Cruises has a fleet of four cruise ships.
The length of contracts varies between 6-8 months, depending on the position obtained, with two months break between contracts. Hiring is for an indefinite term collaborations with 6-8 weeks vacation between contracts.
A job on a luxury cruise ship offers many opportunities, and the advantages are considerable:
Applicants must meet the following characteristics:
What are the steps to obtain a job on a cruise ship:
Pre-selection with the Agency:
Final interview with the Employer
Boarding the ship
What documents are required for register an application?
Creating a professional Curriculum Vitae is an essential element in the application process. For some candidates, it is a simple piece of paper, but for others, this piece of paper is the most effective tool to promote personal skills that can make a difference. Curriculum Vitae written in a professional form instantly attract the attention of Recruiter. In an open competition with other candidates, sometimes for a small number of jobs, this document may just tip the scales in your favor. The choice of form and content of this document is entirely yours. Our recommendation is to keep in mind that an attractive CV should contain accurate, clear, detailed and complete information .
It’s the main criterion for recruitment, a fluent communication is a guarantee of proper understanding and interpretation of job tasks, internal regulations and express your questions, it also helps the crew to rapidly adapt onboard.
The company strives to hire couples on the same ship, but cannot guarantee boarding on the same day for both partners. Company personnel needs prevail. Only candidates who can prove whether they are married, whether they live at the same address are accepted. Registration and couple IDs are available only on board when both partners have embarked, however it is very important to mention this aspect since the first discussion you have with our Recruiter.
During the interview, applicants are required to declare:
70 hours /week ( 7 days/ week, 10-12 hours/ day )
Normally, you will be working with at least 3 breaks on schedule.
Time is very carefully monitored aboard a cruise ship, by means of electronic timekeeping. You can perform additional work only at the express request of the management, in this case the overtime period will be offset by equivalent free time or paid overtime .
The cabins offer a decent comfort for two crew members, equipped with air conditioning, TV, internet access (with fee), bathroom.
Aboard a cruise ship, there are various ways of recreation and facilities offered for free to the crew members : the crew bar, recreation areas, internet café, library, gym, pool (on some ships).
For some staff members (officers , senior management positions and staff members), there may be extra privileges (access to certain passengers areas ) between certain hours.
There may be days off depending on rotation, even 24 hours, but they remain at the discretion of management team, NOT guaranteed by the contract. Normally, a day off aboard a ship typical equates to a free port day, but there are still a few hours of work.
Embarkation costs may vary, depending on the job or the port of embarkation.
Job Cruise does NOT ask for any tax or fee for its mediation services. Recruitment services, interviewing and assistance in embarkation process are FREE of charge.
Not always. In the boarding process, the representatives of JOB CRUISE offers detailed
information about access to transportation, accommodation location, people and contacts.